Friday, May 18, 2007

Two posts in the same week? Shut up...

Got a little more time on my hands now so I thought I'd revisit the world...as it is these days. A lot's been going on lately; at work, in the industry, at home...you name it. Never a dull moment, as they say.

As I mentioned before, our new site's front-end is almost ready to go and Ron and I both (along with the other LinkWorthers, too, I'm sure) are itchin' to get it up. Ron's been busting his ass to help Dustin get it all together so they can move it to our staging server and start putting in all the back-end stuff. Our site is friggin' huge, so there's literally TONS of shit that has to be done in order to pull this off seamlessly.

Have I mentioned that I'm happy to be the sales guy and not the technical force behind LinkWorth? Well, I'm telling you now.

Ron's a workaholic by nature anyway, but the guy is probably putting in 18 hours a day right now. God love him, but I hope for his sake we can get this taken care of sooner than later. Once it goes to the programmers, from what I understand, it's off his plate. I'm pretty much useless when it comes to this. I do what I can to help when I can, but it's all really minor stuff. Sorry dudes!

I've been working on a couple projects myself...stuff that we'll roll out once our new site is rockin'. One of the things I'm most excited about is our SEO consulting service that will tie in to our Managed Account "life-cycle," for lack of a better word. Consulting is a new focus that I'm thrilled about and I've mapped out a pretty cool approach that will keep our clients involved and in the know...with proper expectations set, which can be a big problem in this gig if you're not careful. People need to know what they can honestly expect. If not, they get skittish (understandably) and want to bail out of fear or uncertainty. My job is to make sure that doesn't happen. I'm still blown away by our client retention rate (in a good way) and this should really build on that.

We're doing some fun things on the new site, too. The "Our Team" page, is a good example. Ron and I split the office in half and wrote profiles for everyone. It was a lot of fun and since we're taking these kids on the road with us to all the upcoming conferences (beginning with SES San Jose), hopefully people will give 'em some shit about how they're represented! Good times.

We leave for Seattle in a couple weeks for SMX and I can't wait for this trip. Not only does one of my best friends in the universe live there and the city itself kicks ass, but I'm looking forward to spending a few minutes with some people that I met VERY briefly in New York: Rand Fishkin and Neil Patel, to name a couple. I shot 'em both an email and they seemed open enough to it, so hopefully that'll work out. Even more importantly, we're going to get to spend some time with Partners and Advertisers that we've never met in person. (Todd, I SO can't wait to meet you, bro! ACCT ID 11??? You're OLD SCHOOL, my friend.) The sessions seem pretty cool, too, for a change. Not the same ole redundant shit. Er, at least that's how it's being presented and I'm diggin' that.

What else? Hmm....let me think. I mean, there is something on my mind, I think. Well, there was. Was there?