Thursday, November 29, 2007

My Speaking Cherry Has Been Popped

So I went out to Los Angeles on Tuesday to speak at the SES Local@ILM 07 show yesterday morning. It was my first time to speak on a panel at one of the big conferences and I must say, it was a lot of fun.

I'd like to thank the Kelsey Group and SES for giving me the opportunity. More specifically, thanks to Stewart Quealy & Kevin Newcomb from Incisive Media and my panel-mates Sage Lewis and Ian McAnerin. You guys made me feel really comfortable and I appreciate that.

Most people in our business know Sage and Ian. They're both a wealth of knowledge and are definitely seasoned pros on the speaking tour. Being a newbie-presenter, it was great to have these guys up there with me.

There were more people than I thought there would be. I heard there were about 300 people in the room during our session, which is cool. The Q&A was great and a lot of people came up to me afterwards with questions and kudos.

Although I didn't get to spend too much time at the actual show, I did have a chance to peruse the venue a bit. Good crowd and the show was put together nicely. It was a great experience and I'll look forward to doing that again sometime down the road.

1 comment:

Sage said...

Hi Matt!

You did a great job. I really enjoyed speaking with you. See you around.
Sage