Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Green Gores

I keep seeing news about Al Gore III’s recent arrest for possession of marijuana, Valium, Xanax, and Adderall and I can’t help but get a kick out of the big deal that’s being made. Yeah, he smoked some bud, had a bunch of pills, & shouldn’t have been driving. Much less, driving 100mph at 2:15am…but I’ll chalk that up to him being young and dumb...we all make mistakes.

But the news on this is crazy. Is that because he’s a Gore? I mean, the Gore’s have a history with getting high, right? Al’s dalliances in partying have been well-documented and I’m not mad at him for that. Hell, he burned while campaigning in ’76 but how can you blame him? That must be some stressful shit! He was just getting his head right and an old friend sold him out…lame.

I’m no supporter, though, let it be known. And one of the two things we should never talk about is politics. (The other is religion…fyi.) I was shocked that #3 was hit with a $20k bail, though. In California of all places? That’s like the most laid-back place in the world outside of Amsterdam when it comes to stuff like this, isn’t it?

Anyway, the reason this whole thing is so ironic to me is because I keep seeing his dad promoting this Live Earth concert that takes place today. He’s all about global warming and being green…and I keep hearing him say those exact words. So, the comedian in me can’t help but get a chuckle out of the double-meaning of the word “green” since his son’s second marijuana-related arrest. Especially whilst driving a Prius!

Giggle.

No comments: